 Technic / 6256
Re: bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 21:10:03 GMT

"Jared" <furbykiller_99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GnwDpK.8Lq@lugnet.com...
Wow, what a negative response to my post about the new section.  I was
mostly testing to see if my first post would work and couldn't think of
anything to say.  Oh well, life goes on :)

NOT uncommon, but sometimes. . .

I was thinking of starting a bridge but I really have no clue where to • start
and (being 16) I have very little engineering experience.  If you have any
tips, websites, books, etc. that I could use they would be much • appreciated.

Thanks all

Jared

Speaking as someone who said to himself one day "Humm, I wonder..." just
experiment with things (Thanks Thomas for posting my Brickshelf pics!).
Start out by looking for beam combinations that form triangles (1x1 Technic
beams can give you that "whatever and a half" for linking beams to pins).
Try to get the basics of the geometry and expand from that and if you're one
of those lucky ones who has plenty of long (12 studs and UP!) beams to work
with then who knows what?  If you don't, there are options like combining
short length Technic beams with non-Technic beams and plates (just about any
1x n helps) to serve as a leg.  Start building.

BTW, a better version of this suspension
is in the works for BricksWest

Adrian Egli