 Technic / 6108
6107  |  6109
Subject:
8448 - impressions and modifications
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:44:28 GMT

While we are on the subject of the 8448:

I finally got one through S@H the other week and have to say I'm glad I
reassessed it after getting a Silver Champion.  For a long time I was
avoiding both because I thought the new panels were awful, silly me.

I love the gearbox, particularly the new bit that I'll call a single-sided
dog clutch.  Does anyone know if this part arises anywhere else? Has anyone
used it in a MOC gearbox?

Just one quick note of a really easy modification I did.  If you replace the
6-axle which goes through the rear hole of the 2-hole 1x2 beam on the seat
with a 4-axle you can enable the seats to tip forward, small but worthwhile!

Psi