 Technic / 591
    Re: Roboarm from Dave Baum's super book —Dave Baum
   (...) I'm glad you like the book. Yeah, that half-peg was a problem for at least one of our tech reviewers (beta test team). If we do another book I'll probably start using inset boxes that list how many of each piece per step. That way if you (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Roboarm from Dave Baum's super book —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) How did you guys do your instructions? I figured you would have used MLCad/LDLite/L3P/POVRay or some combination of those, but it didn't look like it to me.. (24 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Roboarm from Dave Baum's super book —John Matthews
   I thought I saw somewhere that they used RayDream, an inexpensive modeling/rendering package. The parts were custom made so that black on black beams render well. Notice the small bevel on top of the beams. Ingenious! Hope I'm not stepping on Dave's (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Roboarm from Dave Baum's super book —Dave Baum
   You're correct. We used RayDream, which has an introductory version priced aroun $100. The full version is a bit more ($300-$400 I think). Some details on the renderings are at: (URL) haven't been keeping track of the Lego CAD situation recently, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Roboarm from Dave Baum's super book —Richard Earley
    Are there plans to make the part models available? -Rich (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Roboarm from Dave Baum's super book —Dave Baum
   (...) We haven't decided yet. I'd like to make them available for other hobbyists, but I'm not sure I want to give them away to my competitors if I decide to write another book. We really haven't dug into the legality (or enforcibility) of making (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Roboarm from Dave Baum's super book —Jonathan Wilson
   (...) You just put something to that effect on the license and if anyone violates the liscence then you just sue them. (24 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Roboarm from Dave Baum's super book —Dave Baum
   I'm by no means a legal expert, and perhaps I'm being a bit paranoid, but I don't believe its quite that simple. First, I wouldn't trust anything I wrote to actually hold up in a court of law, so I'd need to hire an attorney to write it. One way (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Roboarm from Dave Baum's super book —Jonathan Wilson
    (...) I believe you can still release it under a different liscence. The GPL would be perfect for the job. (24 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)