 Technic / 5819
  Suggestions for AC-powered motor?

Hi Technic folks. I need some help with a practical application to which I'm trying to apply a Lego solution. The lights in my new office are motion-activated - no way to turn them on all the time - and the detector is behind my monitor! So I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suggestions for AC-powered motor?

(...) you could always use a train speed regulator - they're common, work on AC, and are designed to run motors :) you could even adjust the speed your waver-thing is waveing :) Dan (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suggestions for AC-powered motor?

Heather, When you get home from work, search around your house for any old AC to DC wall plug adaptors. Find one that has an output of 9V or less (assuming you'll be using a 9V motor). Or make a trip to Radio Shack and buy one (maybe $10, or less) (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Suggestions for AC-powered motor?

(...) Ummm, if the lights are going out because the motion detector is behind your monitor, you should either move the monitor or move the detector. While a LEGO solution will work, it's really an impractical wasy to fix what is really an (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic)

"Heather Patey" <hpatey@nfld.com> wrote in message news:GJwrp1.8Dr@lugnet.com... (...) Sure your name isn't Dilbert? :-) Regards lawrence (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suggestions for AC-powered motor?

(...) Believe me, I tried the easy way first... let's just say the Pointy-Haired Boss _does_ work in my admin department. Federal government - any other questions? Actually my new space is much nicer than the old, even if I have only three walls and (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suggestions for AC-powered motor?

(...) Just don't forget to switch it off when you leave!!! ROSCO (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suggestions for AC-powered motor?

(...) Or for the ultimate in extraneous, link it to a mindstorms-controled motion detector that monitors the rest of the room! :D James (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic)