 Technic / 5822
RE: Suggestions for AC-powered motor?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:56:34 GMT

Hi Technic folks.  I need some help with a practical application
to which I'm
trying to apply a Lego solution.  The lights in my new office are
motion-activated - no way to turn them on all the time - and the
detector is
behind my monitor!  So I thought I'd build me a waving-machine,
windmill or the
like, to keep the lights on.  However, all the power sources I
know of take
batteries, except the Control Centre, which I think is overkill
and I wouldn't
want to tie mine up permanently.  How can I get an ordinary motor
to run on AC
power?  Thanks for any advice!

Ummm, if the lights are going out because the motion detector
is behind your monitor, you should either move the monitor or
move the detector.

While a LEGO solution will work, it's really an impractical
wasy to fix what is really an infrastructure problem....

Who thinks this stuff up, anyways?

PS. I may sound a bit sour on this subject, but worker-unfriendly
    office space is one of my pet peeves!

Cheers, Ralph Hempel