 Technic / 5799
    Cool —Steve Lane
   Here is an excerpt from an e-mail I got today concerning my Technic website 'Dear GeoCities Member: Congratulations, (URL) is very popular and has been receiving a large amount of traffic. Your site has become so popular, in fact, that our records (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Cool —Thomas (T. J.) Avery
   (...) Well congratulations! As Jennifer Clark once told me, "Ah, the price of fame". I've had many problems with this issue too. Back in August, I had to move my site to a real web host that wouldn't shut my site down when the bandwidth capacity was (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish)

        Re: Cool —Steve Lane
   (...) Yes that sounds like a Jenniferism :-) (...) Yeah, next month might see far fewer hits, and I'm sure it's the mpegs that are breaking the limit so they'll have to go rather than have dodgy access to the site. Perhaps I'll start an adopt an (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish)

        Re: Cool —Jason King
   Another alternative is storing the MPEGs elsewhere and linking to them from your site. This would spread the load across several sites. Just a thought -- Jason King LugNet #665 Steven Lane <Steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish)