 Technic / 5799
5798  |  5800
Subject:
Cool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:20:02 GMT

Here is an excerpt from an e-mail I got today concerning my Technic website

'Dear GeoCities Member:

Congratulations, http://www.geocities.com/steveroblane is
very popular and has been receiving a large amount of traffic. Your
site has become so popular, in fact, that our records indicate that
you're using more than the allotted amount of data transfer we provide
for a free web site, which is 3GB/month (measured on an hourly basis).

In the past we have not enforced that limit, so your site has been
uneffected thus far. However, shortly, all free member sites
transferring more than the allowable data limit will be disabled
for portions of the day until usage falls to within the prescribed
limits.
'

How cool is that. Although breaking the data limit could be because of the
various mpegs on the site.

Steve