 Technic / 5803
Re: Cool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:06:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas (T. J.) Avery writes:

Well congratulations! As Jennifer Clark once told me, "Ah, the price of fame".

Yes that sounds like a Jenniferism :-)

I've had many problems with this issue too. Back in August, I had to move my
site to a real web host that wouldn't shut my site down when the bandwidth
capacity was exceeded. After getting CLSOTW, I had one day with 1.3 GB of
traffic! It's calmed down quite a bit since then, and I think my daily
average is around 40 MB.

Yeah, next month might see far fewer hits, and I'm sure it's the mpegs that
are breaking the limit so they'll have to go rather than have dodgy access
to the site. Perhaps I'll start an adopt an Mpeg scheme for my future
creations :-), that would spread the load.

Good luck with your site. If you need any suggestions on good webhosts, just
ask in the lugnet.publish group. Also, do a search for webhost because this
has been discussed before.

I don't think I should pay to let people see my stuff. I'm doing Yahoo a
favour by providing so many viewers for their advertising.

p.s. I wonder if Dennis Bosman is having the same problems too? He has a lot
of pics and I'm sure his site receives a ton of traffic.

I wonder.