 Technic / 5792
Re: Wiring Gear Motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:14:43 GMT

"Thomas (T. J.) Avery" wrote:

My only advice would be to cut your Lego wires a good length away from the
connector. You'll probably want to use this connector later and you'll need
a good length of wire to splice on to.

As I (and I'm sure John Barnes as well!) have found it is possible to take the
end connector apart and fit the two way ribbon cable back into it again. I've
used this technique to make several medium length cables from a bunch of very
long and very short ones. Sometimes you can just click the two parts of the
connector back together and they will automatically make contact with the wire
using a set of spikes, but I've often needed to solder the wires back on. Either
way works fine :-)

Jennifer