 Technic / 5773
5772  |  5774
Subject:
Motor added to 8466
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 18:56:39 GMT

Well, I tried it!  I took the motor unit off my 8279 and stuck it on the
rear end of the 8466.  No pictures yet, but expect to by Monday evening.
Question if worth posting on Brickshelf, just want something better.

Performance:  Poor

I placed an 8 teeth gear on the motor and beside that gear, driver side, a
24 teeth gear.  A short axle 3L, connects the 24, a 6L Technic beam and axle
extender to the axle extending from the 20 teeth behind 1st.  I tried using
the white torque gear at first, but it just spun, not the gears of the
transmission or engine when in gear.  So I just used a regular 24 instead.
All initial tests were done while the model was elevated, no wheels on the
floor.  5th through 2nd showed little if any motion of the gear train, only
1st and R showed any real motion (crankshaft turning, front wheels
rotating).  It actually performed better in R gear than 1st!  In all
situations the rear wheels did not move.

On the ground, it was tested on a flat, wood surface.  I just used R and 1st
gears, and, as said, it moved on its own better in R.  Needed to pust it a
little in 1st just to get moving.  Using the polarity switch built in, I
just changed it to move foreward in R (yea, I know it's goofy).

Play Well,   Adrian Egli