 Technic / 5754
Re: 8480 landing gear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:05:24 GMT

Mark Ferris wrote:

I'm wondering, though, if I have the
landing gear built correctly.  The gear works, but it's very stiff,
and when trying to retract it, it doesn't really go back in place
without a little help pushing the wheels (front one).

I'm sure it goes like clockwork - certainly I noticed nothing amiss when
I built it, although admittedly this was some time ago and my memory may
be at fault.

One thing I did notice was that the large bevel gears in the gearbox
responsible for opening/closing the cargo bay doors had to be meshed just
right otherwise they would grind when used.

Jennifer Clark

http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/