 Technic / 5646
Re: Manas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 01:10:06 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Robert Horvath writes:
Hi,

We purchased the Manas today as a bit of a treat for the family..they are
mine..but each son gets to claim and store one in their respective rooms.

Well we built them today (average difficulty...my 10 year old did one in
about 45 minutes, my 5 year old son and I did one in about the same time.

Once we had them built...it was bedlam.  I can't remember the last time we
had this much rolling on the floor laughing and screaming.  The kids had a
riot fighting against each other with their Manas.  Trying to get the mask
off the other Mana is quite challenging and the battles were taking about
1/2 hour.

The remotes and the main body block can be programmed for different
channels.  There is a  1, 2, 3, and All setting on both remotes and both
bricks.  The remotes also have "keys" that you can keep in to control
channels or set the channel and take the key out so that play is fair.

The remotes have forward and backward left motor and forward and backward
right motor.  Each motor is attached to a track drive on the main models and
each motor also drives some thrashing claws through a gear mechanism.

Get ready to invest heavily in batteries.  Each remote takes 3 AA and each
brick takes 3 AA for a total of 12 batteries for the set.

I had to write the review just because we had so much fun...have not tried
it with RCX yet...that's for when everyone has calmed down.

By the way ... it is pricey...however, here in Canada (at
Wallyworld..Walmart)it cost $90 Cdn vs. $90 US at S@H

Great review! I also got this set this weekend (early Birthday gift from my
super cool boss) and we had a blast with these. This might actually be one
of the funnest toys I've ever seen, it actually takes a little finesse to
hit the trigger hard enough on your opponents Manas to trip the switch while
at the same time keeping yours out of harm's way. Combining these with an
RCX for additional armaments would be very cool!

Gregg