 Technic / 5639
Re: This doesn't look right
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 22:39:21 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Lane writes:
Surely this trailers to big?

http://www.mujweb.cz/Zabava/trucker/

   Nah, it looks like a pretty standard tank transporter
   to me.  The bed needs to be that meaty, first of all
   because the tank is that wide, but also because tanks
   are hideously heavy and need a very structurally sound
   trailer.  (Why don't they drive the tanks?  Because
   the tanks eat fuel way too quickly, the engines are far
   more expensive to maintain, and they're so heavy they
   will damage the road.  Most tanks [1] also can't keep
   up with the flow of traffic, but I'll let *you* get
   angry at them first...

                        ...I will wait over here for you.)

   best

   LFB

   [1] Only the very latest generation can break 50mph--
       with concomitant loss of what little fuel efficiency
       they have.  That tank on the transporter is a lot
       older.