 Technic / 5538
Re: Bionicle Card Tournament w/ Exclusive Prizes!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:54:48 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Andrew Eade writes:
Yuou heard me! The outlet store is haveing this Tournament, and there are
some sweet prizes(to those in them). 1) just for entering u get a exclusive
card(T1), 2) You win, you get T2 which adds 100 t ANY mask you have! AND 2
of the Legoland Booster packs!(has anyone opened these yet???)

Friend of mines goiong for it, so we'll see how he fares!

This and the LegoLand scavenger hunt mask are sounding horribly similar to
Nintendo's Pokémon #151 "You can get it only if you manage to get to our
special event and manage to win a contest" deal.  Then again, from a business
standpoint, emulating Pokémon can't possibly be a bad move for Lego to make.

And here I was being comforted thinking that all the cards available were in
the boxes you buy, and the only thing you have to "collect" are the masks.