 Technic / 5520
Re: 8465 First Impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:10:20 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Hao-yang Wang writes:

I should have done more research before I wrote the above. The
steering/suspension elements of 8465 are not new -- They are from 8858,
released in 1994/1995. (The elements are the same, the mechanism is a bit
different.)

Looking for a picture of 8858 I found out their are two sets with this
number. The other set with this number happens to be a set which allows you
to build three different engines (of the internal combustion variety). What
a cool idea, wouldn't it be great if they did an updated version. If anyone
at Lego is reading this, I'll have a Roll's Royce, a Cummins and a
Caterpiller please.

As I've just finished a truck I'd find these particularyly useful. Just
think of all the shiny crome you could have on them. Add a discreet micro
motor and they could even revolve. No transparent parts though please just
make some of the parts in two halves so you could make a cutaway version.

This Link leads to a nice big picture.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=8858_2&v=z

Steve