 Technic / 5519
Re: 8465 First Impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:56:45 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Hao-yang Wang writes:
In terms of parts, this set is quite nice. When I started building the
model, the first reaction was: Bah, yet another steering/suspension system
built upon specialized parts. These specialized parts, however, now start
growing on me:1) They are compact. 2) They seem to be go beyond
steering/suspension, and can be used for general-purpose ball-joint mechanisms.

I should have done more research before I wrote the above. The
steering/suspension elements of 8465 are not new -- They are from 8858,
released in 1994/1995. (The elements are the same, the mechanism is a bit
different.)