 Technic / 5442
Re: New Civil Engineer letter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 18:04:37 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Barnes writes:

And I like the two lead threads Lego use, but they only
supply nuts. I couldn't figure out an easy way to make
leadscrew type devices with the round nuts as supplied.

Of course service packs don't come with instructions and
I have noticed that the application of some Lego parts can
be pretty subtle, so I may just be being pretty dumb, but
a nut you can actually get hold of would be nice.

This is so simple. The nut can attach to any technic plate with holes. The
holes allow the thread to turn, while the plate holds the nut still. The nut
has the same four notches as a standard bush so will connect inbetween 4
Lego studs. I use this system to adjust the suspension hardness of my tank.

Steve (Who recently bought 4 packs of 5110 :-))

P.S has anyone worked out the significance of the video file I posted?