 Technic / 5431
Re: New Civil Engineer letter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 13:41:31 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Barnes writes:
US style thread 10-32 just happens to have an outside diameter that is an
A1 fit in technic holes. And there are a number of suppliers who sell black
nylon 10-32 screws in various lengths with black nylon nuts to match.

That would work great! Since Lego has not provided threaded axles in any
quantity, substitute parts (non-Lego) are necessary. As an engineer, I'm
just fine with using whatever works, Lego or non-Lego.

I've used steel 3/16" bolts quite a bit. I'm sure the nylon is a little
easier on the plastic Lego parts though.

T. J.