 Technic / 5438
Re: New Civil Engineer letter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:31:09 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Would it be possible to uh, tap a thread onto regular crossaxles, so nuts
could be screwed on?  Has anyone tried this?

I tried. It is very difficult, or at least I couldn't figure out how. The cross
axles have four primary "edges" and the average die has three cutting
edges on the inside. The die thus does not ride along the cross axle well
at all!

JB