 Technic / 5362
Re: mindstorms RIS 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 04:31:34 GMT

Is the hardware truly the same?  There were rumors that 2.0 would go back to
having an AC plug on the brick.  If they did do that, an upgrade pack just
wouldn't cut it for people that need AC power.

Ross Crawford wrote:

They offered an upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5 that included new elements, new
software / firmware, new constructopedia etc. As the hardware's the same,
I'd be surprised if they don't offer a similar upgrade to 2.0. Haven't seen
anything yet though.

Meanwhile the beta is still available at http://www.legomindstorms.com/sdk2/

ROSCO

In lugnet.technic, Adam Wood writes:
Oooo - I was about to go out and buy 1.5...

Is there anyway to upgrade 1.5 to 2, without buying the whole new set? As in
some kind of software / firmware only update?

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/