 Technic / 4468
    Superfluous Holes —Steve Lane
   I'm starting a grunge/metal band called the 'Superfluous Holes'. All our song's are going to be about Lego or Lego building. Only joking! What I really wanted to say was why do we need six superfluous holes on every Technic wheel ever produced. Why (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Superfluous Holes —Fredrik Glöckner
     I like the holes on the wheels. It makes them more versatile, as you can connect various things to them. Besides, when making construction equipment vehicles or something similar, the holes make the wheels look properly rugged. And as you say (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Superfluous Holes —George Haberberger
   (...) The holes can be used to attached a pulley to the wheel to motorize it, ie. if you're going with a rubber band drive as opposed to a direct gear drive. I imagine a train person could also use the hole to do a piston kind of thing, too. George (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic)