 Technic / 4351
Re: RC Tank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 01:34:50 GMT

Tobbe Arnesson <tnt@arnesson.nu> wrote in message
news:3aba3974.3704156@lugnet.com...
Hi,
How did you mount the servos for working the switcher in that tank??
I'm curently working on a RC lego technic project and need any ideas I • can
get.

Sorry for not beeing OnLine as much as I used too, but look at the
following pages:
well,I already figured it out. (sort of)

Hey I like it! I'll try some of that in the next RC project I do.

This realy helps, its giving me a lot of ideas.

Build a "box" that has inner measures of 3x5 studs. Use beams for the
long side and these 1x5 plates with holes in each end and a cross axle
hole in the middle for best streangth. Be sure to make room for the
cord to the servo.

The plate:
h s x s h
where: h = hole, s = stud and x = cross axle hole

Narrow down the side that is 3 studs by inserting those small gray
pins to the inner sides of the 5 studs long side. Now you should be
able to push down the servo into this spot. At least it works fine
with my old sanwa servos.

Adjust as you see needed. If your servo is narrower, use dark gray
short pegs on both or just one side. If it's thicker, use light gray
short pegs on one side only etc.

I then use rubberbands to hold em in place.

I'll try to use that when I get back to it,(got side-tracked)

That's how the servo it self is mounted. Now to the brilliant part
(LEGO purists beware):

Take a medium pulley wheel, the one with six holes in it, and glue it
flat to the servos "linkage pad wheel", centered of course.

For my steering:
I took the link wheel off of the servo and put a gear on in its place,
I used this gear http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3648
with a screw threw the center conecting the way the control wheel did.
this gear runs the steering mechinism.
For the drive motor I just mounted theservo to the top of a batery box so
that a cross bar on the servo pushes the buttons.

<snip>.

The polarity switches are lined up using more rubber bands and some
technis beams, as can be seen here:

<snip>

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions. I'll try to be OnLine
more often, promise!

/Tobbe, Sweden
Thank You!!
I'll probably be working on this next week.
I'll posting some links to pics in the next couple weeks too..

Gary Blessing