 Technic / 4311
Re: Non functioning Micromotor.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:28:38 GMT

Hi Simon,

In the first instance, call LEGO Consumer Services on 08457 080070. If
you explain the problem, they will almost certainly send you a
replacement.

The micromotors seem to have a habit of jamming: I've destroyed one
myself, trying to find out what was wrong with it.

Someone has posted just recently about taking these things apart, so if
all else fails, you could have a go at that ;-)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Simon Bennett (<GAGtp0.H8q@lugnet.com>) wrote at
22:12:36

Hi

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but...

I just picked up a 6979 in The Entertainer for £20 because it has a few
useful bits and one of these is a micromotor... but... it doesn't work.  The
battery box and the cables are not at fault and as I have opened the set I
guess I can't take it back.  Is this perhaps a common thing in motors that
have sat on the shop shelves for a few years?  Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Simon

--
Tony Priestman