 Technic / 4259
Re: Steering of driven wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:51:09 GMT

I know this may make some people squeemish, but you can always drill out
a larger hole in the middle of the wheel's hub, so that the cv joint can
slide all the way through the hub.  Then connect a "technic wedge belt
wheel" to the outside of the hub, which in turn holds the cv joint in
place.  Basically, the surgery changes the wheel's offset.

The "technic wedge belt wheel" (part 4185) can hopefully be found here:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4185

//Henry Chea
                          hchea@kungstorget.nu
            *S*  Göteborg, jaja, jag behöver inget mer!  *S*
                       http://www.kungstorget.nu