 Technic / 4179
  Information on an element

I was browsing around in some of my old Technic manuals and came across something that looked rather strange in one of them. The last page of the manual for the 8720 Power Pack showed that the electric elements contained within the set were (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Information on an element

Sounds like the old Light & Sound sound element. Here's a (blurry) picture for comparison: (URL) Regards Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918 The University of Kentucky (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Information on an element

Can you get a scan of the piece on the web? It seems like you're referring to a piece which makes different sound effects with powered up. Rotating the piece changes the sound effects it makes... I can't be sure that's the piece you're referring to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Information on an element

(...) Cool...that seems like an interesting piece. What kinds of sounds in general did it make? I would get a scan link but it seems that brickshelf is missing the 8720 instructions. I was thinking of scanning and uploading one but my 8720 manual is (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Information on an element

(...) Uh, I guess the best way to describe it are beeping and whirring sounds. Actually, if I remember correctly, there were at least two types of this piece--one for space, and one for town. The one for town made different kinds of siren noises (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Information on an element

Gaurav Thakur wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> As another poster stated, I think there were a couple different versions of the sound module for space and town sets. When I was about 12 I had the 6780 Light & Sound XT Starship, with the white version of (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.space)

  Re: Information on an element

(...) Playing with the ones in my sound box, there are definitely two types, town and space. From the ones in my part box, all the white ones are space and all the black ones town, but I want to say that I've at least seen the town one in white (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.space)

  Re: Information on an element

(...) Heheh...those sounds seem to be interesting. The town siren would be very nice for a fire truck, ambulance or police car... But yeah, they look as if they would be far more compact than the modern light/sound modules (the ones that come with (...) (23 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.space)