 Technic / 4073
  8862 Backhoe Grader question

I have heard that the 8862 Backhoe Grader was only released in Europe and Australia. Is this true? This would account for how hard it is to find 8862 in the US. Does anyone know of any other sets that were not released in the US. Furthermore, why (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8862 Backhoe Grader question

(...) No, the 8862 was available in the US as a S@H item, I dont beleive it was available as a retail item. There have been a number of sets that were never available in the US, a number of sets that were released in Europe the year before they were (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8862 Backhoe Grader question

(...) A few older sets were also marketed in different countries with different set numbers. The one that springs to mind is the london bus, which was sold here in Australia as #760, and in the US as #384 (or was it the other way round?). I don't (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8862 Backhoe Grader question

(...) I wonder if it is anything to do with the popularity of backhoe loaders in the UK, where they are ubiquitous and known as JCBs? *Everyone* here will recognise that model as a JCB immediately, whereas I've been told that JCB is not such a well (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8862 Backhoe Grader question

(...) I think most Americans would immediately think of Caterpillar Inc. (better known as "Cat") which is by far the best known manufacturer of construction equipment in the US. personally, I think 8862 looks exactly like the Caterpillar Backhoe (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)