 Technic / 4075
Re: 8862 Backhoe Grader question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:03:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Bob Gomez writes:
I have heard that the 8862 Backhoe Grader was only released in Europe and
Australia.  Is this true?  This would account for how hard it is to find
8862 in the US.  Does anyone know of any other sets that were not released
in the US.

No, the 8862 was available in the US as a S@H item, I dont beleive it was
available as a retail item. There have been a number of sets that were never
available in the US, a number of sets that were released in Europe the year
before they were released here

Furthermore, why does Lego play this game of releasing some sets here and
some sets there?

Market research no doubt. They typically release a number of sets at a given
price point and not too many expensive sets. Notice that the largest chains
will usually carry only 1 large Technic set each year. also Technic is probably
most popular in the UK and Germany.

--Jim