 Technic / 4093
Re: 8862 Backhoe Grader question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:58:27 GMT

Jennifer Clark wrote:

I wonder if it is anything to do with the popularity of backhoe loaders in the UK,
where they are ubiquitous and known as JCBs? *Everyone* here will recognise that
model as a JCB immediately, whereas I've been told that JCB is not such a well
known brand in the US.

I think most Americans would immediately think of Caterpillar Inc.
(better known as "Cat") which is by far the best known manufacturer of
construction equipment in the US.

personally, I think 8862 looks exactly like the Caterpillar Backhoe
Loader pictured here:
http://www.cat.com/cgi-bin/equipment_family.cgi?family=Backhoe+Loaders&rgnid=NACD&prdgrpid=456

--
Tim Buchheim