 Technic / 4022
Re: Lego Dacta/Robolab control with 8 I/O
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 23:49:58 GMT

I forgot to mention that LEGO Engineer 2.0 currently runs on top of ROBOLAB
2.0.  So ok, its not *free* :)  You have to spend the $25 or so on ROBOLAB
first.  But its still better than LOGO I think because the programming is
graphical.  And unlike ROBOLAB, LEGO Engineer is more like actual LabVIEW
programming, which is kind of cool.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Ben Erwin writes:
Just to clarify, this serial interface box that you've been given doesn't have
much to do with ROBOLAB.  ROBOLAB is the software for the RCX.  What you want
(free) is LEGO Engineer, which looks and smells a lot like ROBOLAB.
http://ldaps.arc.nasa.gov/LEGOEngineer/  Right now only the PC version is
posted.  If you want the Mac version, send me an email and I'll pester the
right person.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Lars Gertsen writes:
Hello,

I have been offered a Lego Dacta/Robolab control unit which
must be attached to the serial port on a PC. The unit has
8 input and 8 output. There are no software with this unit.
Anybody know what software I need to use this unit and if
any of it is freeware.

Lars Gertsen - Denmark