 Technic / 3951
  RE: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

You can't actually do this the way you describe. You can't pulse the motor outputs as required to drive the FOS with the standard firmware. The FOS has only one LED, and the VLL signal is a bit more complicated than on/off. You can use the scout VLL (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

Edison vs Tesla DC vs AC Are you guys talking about the same thing? -- Bob Fay California, USA rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

(...) [snip] Your reply presumes an advanced application with VLL. Sorry, but my scant description caused confusion. My original post intended a more primitive approach. Yes, you can really do manual Fiber Optic System control to Scouts and Micro (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

This looks really neat; I need to try this out soon. I have a Scout, Microscout and remote control, but no RCX, so this system would be ideal. (...) Just a slightly related question; it's probably a stupid one, but I've never been able to figure out (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

(...) [snip] You have all the parts to do something slightly different. See "Remote control of 3 motors with Scout & Micro Scout" at (URL) That post should have provided the following instructions: 1) On the Micro Scout you should press On, select (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll)

  Re: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

(...) Correction: No need to press Run. (...) Correction: No need for the Remote Control unless you want pushbutton control of the Micro Scout motor's forward and reverse. The Scout in Stand Alone mode while running its built-in programs can create (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll)