 Technic / 3958
Re: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 02:15:02 GMT

This looks really neat; I need to try this out soon. I have a Scout,
Microscout and remote control, but no RCX, so this system would be ideal.

On the Scout you select the
Stand-Alone mode, not the Power mode.

Just a slightly related question; it's probably a stupid one, but I've never
been able to figure out what the Power Mode does. Does the mode allow it to
integrate with other devices or something?

Primarily addressing
Technic builders, my original post intended to propose a Technic &
Mindstorms application that does not require a PC, programming, or
downloading firmware.

Thanks for the information; this kind of stuff is very useful to me since I
have a bit of a problem with the computer integration methods. My serial
port is in use by an external modem, so I can't connect the IR tower without
disconnecting the modem, which can be a bit of a hassle. A USB-serial
converter is another option but those seem to be rather expensive (the
cheapest one I could find was $50 USD).

-Gaurav