 Technic / 3944
Re: Filtering out Bionicle/Slizer/Roboriders posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:14:54 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.technic, Constantine Hannaher writes:

So, Is there any way I can filter those posts out of my web interface?
(I guess it's a question for Todd unless somebody else knows the answer)

If you use the Web interface go here...

http://news.lugnet.com/news/filter/

Eric Kingsley

But... doesn't that filter only work at the top-level view of newsgroups? Our
correspondent is reading specifically the Technic news group and is looking • for
way to read it without all the roboriders, slizers, and bionicles messages.
Wouldn't it be good if there was a link at the top left which was exclusive • of
the specialized groups, i.e., a "Technic" area that only included messages to
lugnet.technic and not messages to any lower level newsgroup?

I think I may have missunderstood you.  You can also look at just the messages
in lugnet.technic with out the subgroups.  From the Technic page you can click
on "View Plain (Without subgroups)" at the bottom of the page and it brings • you
here...

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=,-20&v=c

That might be more what you are looking for.

Eric Kingsley

Oh. Sure enough, there it is. What would be perfect then is
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=,-10&v=b