 Technic / 3941
Re: Filtering out Bionicle/Slizer/Roboriders posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:29:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Constantine Hannaher writes:
In lugnet.technic, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.technic, David Arnon writes:

So, Is there any way I can filter those posts out of my web interface?
(I guess it's a question for Todd unless somebody else knows the answer)

If you use the Web interface go here...

http://news.lugnet.com/news/filter/

Eric Kingsley

But... doesn't that filter only work at the top-level view of newsgroups? Our
correspondent is reading specifically the Technic news group and is looking
for way to read it without all the roboriders, slizers, and bionicles
messages. Wouldn't it be good if there was a link at the top left which was
exclusive of the specialized groups, i.e., a "Technic" area that only included
messages to lugnet.technic and not messages to any lower level newsgroup?

No you can filter out groups at any level.  For example if you add...

-.technic.bionicle -.technic.slizer -.technic.roboriders

You will filter out the Bionicle, Slizer, and Roboriders groups but you will
still see the higher level .technic group.

Eric Kingsley