 Technic / 3897
    Goodbye splines. (Re: Looking for 16 tooth clutch gear and arms) —Amnon Silverstein
   I think Pitsco has a pack that includes them too. I have around a dozen I think I got that way. Better stock up, I think Lego is completely phasing out all parts with the spline system. The splined long thin plates are gone (what will future (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Goodbye splines. (Re: Looking for 16 tooth clutch gear and arms) —Gaurav Thakur
     (...) Actually I also thought that these splined parts are pretty much going out of production, but the strange thing was that, when I sent a bunch of older broken elements for replacement, many of which had the spline system, the new ones actually (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Goodbye splines. (Re: Looking for 16 tooth clutch gear and arms) —Steve Bliss
   (...) I'd guess the studless beams are cheaper to produce. The technic bricks look like they require a more complicated mold, because the pieces have cavities on all four sides: the open studs on top, the hollow underside, and the holes through the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)