 Technic / 3733
    8479 Barcode Multiset No Longer Available —Sean Harrington
   Hey Everyone, It looks like the 8479 Barcode Multiset ((URL) has finally gone the way of the dodo. S@H now shows it as "No Longer Available". I'm glad I got mine when I did, as it's a pretty cool set, even though Mindstorms kinda over shadows it's (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 8479 Barcode Multiset No Longer Available —William Bell
     I've got an unopened one for sale @ £75 plus p&p, if anyone is interested. UK delivery only... Will (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 8479 Barcode Multiset No Longer Available —Geoffrey Hyde
     IMHO, the best thing one could do with this set would to take a Mindstorms set to it and combine them both. The big thing one might be missing is the problem of the sounds that the barcode unit makes, but that's not really that inviting, although it (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: 8479 Barcode Multiset No Longer Available —Sean Harrington
     (...) Yep, it's the younger kids (under 10) that I'm focusing on. My daughter has gotten bored with the MicroScout, doesn't quite understand the Scout, and doesn't begin to comprehend programming the RCX, so programming the BarCode Unit is easy for (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 8479 Barcode Multiset No Longer Available —Gaurav Thakur
   (...) Yeah, the Mindstorms computers are probably superior to the Code pilot, but I really like the the mechanical systems used here. It has some very nice gear trains and it's pretty neat how they made the claw open/close and the arm move up/down (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)