 Technic / 3723
Re: Super Street sensation 8448
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:24:28 GMT

The 8448 is included in the little shop at home catalog that came with the
new The Boss RoboRider I bought at Target this weekend. (The Indy Storm has an
overprint that it is not available.) The only other physical location I ever
saw them at was the outlet store in Potomac Mills Mall (they don't have any
on the shelf now). I bought two online from lego.com last month (and they came
in non-US boxes) but who knows how long that will last.

In lugnet.technic, Ray Kremer writes:
They probably stopped making them a year ago, left them in the S@H catalog as
long as they had a big stack of them in the warehouse, and are only down to a
handfull now.  It's still up at shop.lego.com until that last handfull is • gone,
that way they'll still sell them but they don't have to take up catalog space.
I just bought one too because there's no way to know how long the handfull
will last.  And boy is it a great set.  I gotta get me the Technic motor now.

Funny thing about 8448 though, I've only ever seen one of them in a brick and
mortar store, at a Toys R Us two years ago.  Either I missed it when they were
everywhere or Lego didn't do a very good job of getting them out there.

I thought the 8448 had been discontinued, that's what Lego S@H told me.
My dampened shocks broke, I got replacements and one of the replacements
have the same number as the defective ones.  Anyone know if the new
generation should have different numbers?  BTW, I cleaned out the broken
piece in my broken shocks and I think it make for spiffy keychains:)
-Nathan

I don't know, but the 8448 disappeared from S@H magazines down here in the
US.  However, it is still available on the website.  I just built mine today
=), and for myself I am wondering if the shocks will break, considering I
purchased it about a month ago.  They look very similar to the one's in my
Silver Champion. (which I purchased off Walmart.com!)

Rob Bryson