 Technic / 3640
Re: Backlash in Lego Gear Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 14:24:23 GMT

"Chris Mattson" <mattson@byu.edu> wrote:
Fellow Lego Engineers,

Does anybody have a good solution to the ever-so-common problem of • backlash
in lego gear trains?

You may find some answer in a post where I explained how Paolo Masetti won
the line following robotics contest during Italian Legofest IV. One of
Paolo's robot key feature was the reduced backlash in the steering gear
train. This was my post about the event:

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=11118

The event itself is described (in English) in the www.itlug.org site,
section Events, Legofest IV. You can jump directly to the proper page using
this link:

www.geocities.com/mario.ferrari/itlug_20000326/legofest_4_e.html

You can click on any image to enlarge them a bit.

HTH
Mario

Lego web page: http://www.geocities.com/mario.ferrari/lego.html
LUGNET member page:  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=22