 Technic / 3626
Re: Backlash in Lego Gear Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 20:28:23 GMT

Jerry,

Precise positioning is my objective.  And of course too much friction is a
problem.  I have'nt fooled around with this too much but, the LEGO gears, as
designed, have too much backlash for my project (and as you suggest probably
to keep the friction down).  My project also involves a gear train which
leads to a tolerance stack-up that ruins my precision.

Do you know if the LEGO chain elements could help here?

Chris