 Technic / 3562
  Neat string spooler?

Hi, all. Has anyone out there managed to design a mechanism which spools string nicely on a spool? ie: neatly across one way, then back the other way. I've tried a couple of techniques, but they're either not entirely successful, or way too bulky. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Neat string spooler?

Ross, I am currently building a Spooler, similar to industrial converting machines used for spooling photographic films and papers. Of course, LEGO is small, so for a stock-roll I am using a spool of thread and for customer-rolls I am using (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Neat string spooler?

Jerry, Jerry Kalpin <jdkalpin@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:G6ntIx.CrE@lugnet.com... (...) unwind (...) festoon. Sounds pretty amazing! (...) driving (...) Thanks! This may be exactly what I need. I never thought of using the worm gear (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)