 Technic / 3313
Re: Original Clock Design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 06:24:11 GMT

Amnon Silverstein wrote:
I have a working draft of a weight-powered pendulum clock made of Lego. • <snip>
I haven't finished calibrating it yet, so I am not
sure how accurate I can get it, but it is approximately correct.

Accuracy can be very good. I have gotten my clock to be accurate to within
less than 5 minutes off in 24 hours.

And I haven't even gotten to extreme fine tuning (I am still adding and
subtracting bricks, eventually I will get to 1x1 plates. :-)

The design of my clock is unique in that I am using a pendulum to control
the accuracy, but power is coming from a new 9v motor, hooked up to a train
controller set at the lowest power setting. Those motors are strong.

The gear works is a modification of
<http://carol.wins.uva.nl/~leo/lego/clock.html>  ideas.

I have spent most of my time on getting good accuracy, and a good looking
enclosure designed. Hopefully I will get some pictures up in a week or two.

--
Guy Albertelli
albertel@msu.edu