 Technic / 3295
3294  |  3296
Subject:
Original Clock Design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:41:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I have a working draft of a weight-powered pendulum clock made of Lego. I
keep improving it all the time, and I am going to make it strike the hours,
but right now here is what I have.
It runs for 8 hours, it tells time, it can be rewound with a key, it can be
set with a knob. It is powered by 2 pounds of weight and it sits on a desk.
It is all Lego except for the weights, and all of the parts are in current
sets I think. I haven't finished calibrating it yet, so I am not sure how
accurate I can get it, but it is approximatly correct.
One feature it has that I haven't seen used is a super simple minutes ->
hours gearing with a 12 crown and a worm.
http://www.best.com/~amnon/Homepage/Games/LegoClocks/ClockDiagram.jpg

My Lego clocks page:
http://www.best.com/~amnon/Homepage/Games/LegoClocks/