 Technic / 3209
    Re: 3 Section Telescopic Crane Boom —Holger Matthes
   Hi Jennifer, (...) 3-sectioned crane! I also thought how THIS might work in real an came up with that kind of cable-mechanism you used! But I never was able to fit it into a technic construction ;-(( But how does a real multi sectioned boom work? (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 3 Section Telescopic Crane Boom —Jennifer Clark
   (...) What you are thinking of is generally referred to as a "multi stage hydraulic ram", but as far as I can ascertain, that is not how real multi sectioned booms with more than 3 sections work. An engineer friend of mine suggested that using this (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic)