 Technic / 3120
Re: 8880 Super Car information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 23:44:06 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Lanteigne writes:
In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur writes:
I recently found out a bit more about this set and am thinking of trying to
get it. Just wanted some public opinion on it...is it a good overall model?
What functions does it contain? And is it worth the $150-$200 USD that it
usually sells for on online auctions?

Thanks,
-Gaurav

If you want a Supercar with a lot of functions, this is the one. 4-wheel
steering, 4-wheel drive, transmission (4 speed - no reverse), independent
suspension on all 4 wheel, toggle headlight, 8 pistons engine. The only problem
of this set is: heavy weight - you will have to do massive modifications to
power this set with one (or even more) lego motor. 150$-200$ is about the going
price; some lucky people sometimes find it cheaper. The 8448 is more stylish,
lighter, and has a better transmission but the 8880 is a classic.

Eric.

Thanks,

That looks really neat; is the 4-wheel steering and 4-wheel drive done by
using two of those universal "swivel" axle joints per wheel and 3 differentials?

Yeah...I have the 8448 model and although it looks great, I wasn't too
impressed by its functionality. Although the transmission system is really
nice, front-wheel steering and rear-wheel drive is pretty standard stuff,
and the suspension is just too light IMHO.