 Technic / 3090
  8458 Silver Champ

Just picked up a copy of the Silver Champion (8458)...$169.99 later! OUCH! I found it at TRU in Portland, ME. Didn't expect it to be on the shelves, I thought it was only a catalog item. Anyway, it's the most fascinating Lego set I've built yet, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8458 Silver Champ

(...) Actually I didn't really think this one was really that good. The look is fantastic and it comes with many useful parts and innovative design ideas, but there simply aren't enough functions to make it worth $170. At this kind of price I would (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8458 Silver Champ

Yes it is expensive, but i don't for one second regret spending the money. It is a Beautiful Model, and i enjoyed the build as well, i wonder how long it takes the designers to come up with these grand sets.... Gaurav Thakur <cp5670@supermail.com> (...) (24 years ago, 25-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8458 Silver Champ

(...) I got mine from Etoys last week, with a 20% off coupon. Even after shipping it wasn't much over $140. I'm in the building process now, I quit at step 39 to eat and check messages :) I'll post later on what I think of the completed set. Thomas (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)