 Technic / 3030
3029  |  3031
Subject:
Pneumatic T-cross math-rule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:39:48 GMT

Hi!

I'm onto this rather big pneumatics project where I have several
cylinders per switch and I found that if the numbers of cylinders used
is 'Y' and the number of T-crosses is 'X' then this is true (if you
use but one switch to control the whole thing):

Y2 - 2 = X

So if you need five cylinders on one switch you will need:

5 x 2 -2 = 8 T-crosses.

Or one cyinder gives:

1 x -2 = 0

But I guess it's easier to come to this conclusion when you need it
rather then remembering this rule. So why am I still sitting here
typing at corporate time?

Bah!

/Tobbe