 Technic / 3044
Re: Pneumatic T-cross math-rule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 19:57:02 GMT

Basically, the number of T-pieces is one less than the number of cilinders.
So with the same X and Y:
X = Y - 1.
That is, for the old ones that had only one tube going to them. For the new
cilinders obviously you need twice as many: X = 2 x (Y - 1), which is the
same as 2Y - 2 but easier.
In a supply line each T-piece will give you an extra branch, so to speak.

Anyway, this is just a former maths teacher waking up at the sight of
something like a formula in these postings. Sorry.....

Duq