 Technic / 2602
Re: 8457 Power Puller question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:25:54 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Sean Harrington writes:
Hey Gaurav,

The video is probably kinda fun for kids who are into power puller and monster
mudder things, but it's generally lame for adult collectors. It's only about
10 minutes long, and the only thing of real interest is how much the model
looks like the yellow Team Technic puller in the video.

Oh okay, thanks; I guess it would appeal to my little brother then... :-)

As for the model itself it, it's kinda fun. It's definitely NOT one of my
favorites, especially for the price. There are TONS of engine elements, but it
is mostly a bunch of yellow beams and flex pieces. The two LARGE tires are
pretty awesome, but not worth the US$99 pricetag. I'd wait until it goes on
clearance (it will) at LS@H.

I don't think that the Power Puller is that great of a model either. A few
more functions would have been nice. The main reason I'm thinking of going for
it is that I could really use the extra gear-reduction motor and the chains
for my custom models. The gigantic wheels, 20 (!) engine pieces and the
Technic figure are also a bit tempting.

Yeah, the $99 price is somewhat high. It seems that a bunch of the 2000 models
have higher prices than they should have. Another 2000 model, the 8458 Silver
Champion, costs an overly excessive $169 (I have this one and it doesn't come
with much besides huge wheels, lots of decoration pieces and a large size;
quite a rip-off IMHO). I guess I'll just wait for the clearance to arrive...