 Technic / 2542
  Re: Update to my Caterham 7 technic creation

(...) I kept the scale as near to possible correct by digging out all the dimensions of the real car and then scaling with respect to the 8448 wheels. I've got 12 years worth of Autocar magazine (I am a car nut as well as Lego nut...) to refer to! (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Update to my Caterham 7 technic creation

(...) I can fully empathise with those weeks spent getting things right - it is as if the model is sitting there teasing you, telling you that there is a way to get things working correctly, it's just that you haven't found it... yet. The (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Update to my Caterham 7 technic creation

(...) if (...) I know exactly what you mean! That's half the fun of Lego though.... (...) As mentioned on the site, I feel that the rubber bands spoil the purity of the mud guard solution (oh dear, Lego really is getting to my head...), but hard as (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Update to my Caterham 7 technic creation

(...) Nah, I think you're just fine with the elastic bands. They are legit pieces anyway aren't they - the "Mud Masher" uses them as part of its steering - so the purists shoud be happy. Jennifer Clark (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)