 Technic / 2472
Re: tips for looking after an 8448 or links to 8448 pages?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:29:09 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Can anyone give me any tips for keeping my shiny new 8448 supercar in
top condition? In particular how do I keep the clear shock absorber
thingies from going on me?

does anyone know of any ewb pages relating to the 8448? (whats the lego
8448 page URL...) Or for that matter any pages showing things people
have made whith the 8448 parts?

Hi,

If your clear pneumatic shock absorbers break that means they are faulty and
must be changed (you call Lego customer service to have them replaced).

The suspension on the 8448 uses the dark gray shocks. If you use the light gray
shocks, the suspension will be stiffer. I also suggest that you build a mount
on which your car will sit so as to avoid compressing the shocks permanently.

As for dust you can use a 1 inch paint brush to go in the small spots.

There are several sites related to the 8448. Although I do not have the
addresses right now, you can do a search on 8448 on Lugnet and you will find
some. One is related to modifying the engine for a more realistic look (very
good site). Also on brickshelf you can find in the last month or so an
alternate picture of a car form 8448 (the car looks like an acura nsx). If you
go even earlier than that, you can find a truck that has been built using that
set. You can also visit the 8448 site on the official Lego site.

Hope that helps.