 Technic / 2446
Re: Technica 3.25
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 23:41:24 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.technic, Jonathan Wilson wrote:

It shows all technic parts, but I am missing the parts which are "normal"
it DOES NOT show all technic parts, where is the picture of the technic
figure or the technic seat or the roboriders wheels or etc etc etc

I don't want to speak for Jim, the following is just me guessing.

Technica focuses mostly on the *technical* aspects of Technic.  The other
stuff (roborider discs, technic figs, etc) would be nice to have, but not
all that high on the importance scale.

Thanks for everyones comments on the site.

As far as element coverage is concerned both Steve and Huw are
pretty much on the mark. Over the last several years there has
been a dramatic increase in the number of new sets, new elements
and new element colors. My resources (money to buy sets with
these new elements and, more importantly, time to image the element
and research its color history) are limited. Having said that
I do plan to fill in these missing areas soon (1).

I am also at the point now where I am starting to devote time
to the next top secret version of the site (codenamed: LoveMonster).
I am setting up a new RedHat/Apache server and am going to try to learn
CGI and Perl and see if I can do some cool DB stuff. Although, unlike
seemingly most of the people on Lugnet I dont do any of this for a
living so it may take a while for me to figure out.

--Jim

(1) Of course soon to me is quite different from, say Huw, who
posts new stuff on his site before I've ever even heard of it!